Groysman discusses revolutionary reforms with Biden
US supports judicial reform, decentralization, anti-corruption policy and steps in direction of Ukraine's energy independence
During a working visit to the United States, Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman met with US Vice President Joe Biden. Upon its completion, the PM told reporters that they discussed issues of bilateral relations and further reforms in Ukraine. The agency "Ukrinform" reports this.
"I think we will see that there is a number of important projects that will continue – the support judicial reform in Ukraine, support for decentralization, anti-corruption policy, economic issues", Groysman said.
The Prime Minister also noted that the American side is interested in the economic and energy independence of Ukraine.
"In the near future Ukraine will change and these changes will reflect the improvement of the situation of living standards. The American partners support us institutionally, politically and financially, so that we can introduce these changes as early as possible", Groysman features.
In turn, Biden said he was struck by what has been already done in Ukraine. However, Ukraine should do more, said US Vice-President, stressing that the country now has the best chance to achieve real changes.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas