Groysman to discuss reforms in Ukraine and situation in Donbas with US House Majority Leader
Prime-minister visits US on work
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman met with the leader of the Republican majority in the US House of Representatives Kevin McCarthy during his working visit to the United, the press service of the government reports.
The theme of the meeting was the political reform in Ukraine and the situation in the zone of military operations in the Donbas.
"Volodymyr Groysman said that the government stated a list of important steps. Large-scale privatization of public enterprises, reform of the Customs Service and the continuation of reforms in the energy sector in particular", reads the report.
The Prime Minister also noted that Ukraine intends to create favorable conditions for doing business in the country and recalled the recent adoption of the judicial reform by the Parliament.
What’s more, the sides discussed the situation in the Donbas, the implementation of the Minsk agreements as well as anti-Russian sanctions.
Groysman said about the threats in connection with the occupation of the Crimea.
"Crimea is a Russian military base, and it is located on the occupied territory of Ukraine. It is a threat, it is necessary to understand this fact", he featured.
The Prime Minister noted the importance of the work of the OSCE Police mission in the occupied Donbas and thanked the US for its support in the defense sector.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case