Government of Uzbekistan confirmed the death of Islam Karimov
Also Karimov's death confirmed by his daughter
In Uzbekistan, died president of the republic Islam Karimov. This is stated in the message of the government and parliament of the country, reports the BBC.
According to the agency "RIA Novosti" the funeral of head of state will be held in Samarkand on September 3. The commission on the organization of the funeral will be headed by Prime Minister of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyeyev.
The daughter of President Uzbekistan Lola confirmed the information about her father's death. She announced this on her page on Instagram.
Due to the president's death in the country will be announced three days of mourning.
There are still no reports about Karimov's death on the website of the government of Uzbekistan, website is working intermittently.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars