Germany to offer UK 'associate membership' in EU
Negotiations can continue for 2 years
After the UK withdrawal from the European Union on the results of the referendum Germany will implement an emergency plan, which provides the status of “associate member of the EU” to Britain. The German newspaper Handelsblatt reports this, citing the eight-page document prepared by the German Finance Ministry.
The newspaper writes that the document entitled "The German strategy regarding the proposed referendum on the United Kingdom's membership in the European Union" was developed in Berlin in advance in case of a possible withdrawal of Great Britain from the European Union.
According to the plan, “the constructive talks” will be offered to London, which are expected to be difficult. They will talk about the UK leaving the European Investment Bank, the budgetary rights and obligations. Also, the question arises as to whether the United Kingdom will be able to preside in the EU, as it was planned next year.
Berlin hopes that in 2 years, provided for the UK to leave the EU, the negotiations will be possible to reach an agreement on the status of "associate partner" for London.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels