Germany Defense Ministry: NATO should treat Russia with position of strength
Keeping this "position of strength" Alliance should not interrupt the dialogue with Russia
With regard to Russia, NATO must maintain a strong position, but do not abandon the negotiations, said German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen, according to DW.
According to von der Leyen, keeping the "position of strength" should not interrupt the dialogue with Russia, which currently shows a "two-faced" behavior. On the one hand, there is a "totally unpredictable and aggressive Russia", and on the other, one which is is able to cooperate, for example, in connection with Iran or Libya. "The dual strategy" of NATO against Russia is correct, and it should be preserved, emphasized von der Leyen.
As noted by the head of the Ministry of Defense of Germany, she understands the Baltic countries in their quest to defend, because Russia in the case of the conflict in Ukraine has demonstrated its willingness to put into question the existing borders.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars