German MPs will not go to occupied Crimea
President of German Parliament Norbert Lambert said this after meeting with Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin
MPs of German Bundestag will not follow the trail of some of their colleagues from France and Italy, avoiding visiting the Russian-occupied Crimea.
‘German lawmakers respect the sanctions and thus they won’t be visiting the annexed Crimea’, reads the Twitter of Andriy Melnyk, Ukraine's ambassador in Germany, who refers to the words of the President of the German Parliament Norbert Lambert.
On September 8, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin went to Germany with the working visit. He met with Lambert, the Head of the German Parliament, as well as with Foreign Minister Frank-Walther Steinmeier and other officials.
As 112 International reported, the delegation of 11 French MPs, accompanied by Leonid Slutsky, the Head of Russian Parliamentary Committee on CIS Affairs visited Crimea in July 2016. Some of these MPs already visited the occupied peninsula in 2015.
Ukraine’s PACE delegation sent the respective note to Pedro Agramunt, the President of the PACE; the delegation protested against the visit of French MPs headed by France’s PACE delegate Thierry Mariani.
Previously, there was a piece of information saying that Italian MPs are to visit Crimea in October.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case