Gerashchenko: Ukraine demands that Russia releases Sushchenko
Ukrainian reporter is illegally held in detention in Moscow
‘Shocked by the news about detention of Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko in Russia. He has been working with Ukrinform as their staff writer in France; our paths have crossed many times. He’s smart, a truly professional journalist. We expect immediate announcements by the OSCE and Mrs. Mijatovic, Secretary of the Council of Europe Jagland and other individuals and entities that are obliged to express protest against the arrest of Ukrainian reporter by the Russian federation under trumped-up charges with espionage. The Ukrainian government demands to release the reporter at once’. Iryna Gerashchenko, First Vice Speaker of the Parliament, posted this at Facebook.
Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko, who works for Ukrinform news agency, was found in pre-trial detention facility of Lefortovo prison (Moscow). Open Russia, the group of Russian human rights activists, reported this at their official website on Sunday night.
According to Sushchenko, the law enforcers put psychological pressure on him; they didn’t let him call home and tell the wife he was arrested. The FSB, Russian federal security service, provided Sushchenko with a lawyer.
Sushchenko asked the human rights watchers to contact with Ukrainian consul in Moscow. The diplomat already confirmed officially that the reporter was arrested in Russia.
Source: Iryna Gerashchenko's Facebook
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas