Gerashchenko: "Militants don't allow Red Cross to search for missing people in Donbas"
115 Ukrainians still remain among the hostages, more than 650 are reported missing
According to the official lists of the Security Service of Ukraine, now 155 Ukrainians remain in militants’ captivity in occupied territories, among them are civilian and military persons. This was reported by the first vice-speaker of the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's representative in the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral contact group Irina Gerashchenko.
"We know the places of only a few dozen of these people and our goal is to understand the fate of each of them, find and release. All this year we are fighting for the admission of the International Committee of the Red Cross to prisons in the occupied territory and the search for missing persons (more than 650 citizens of Ukraine), "- said Gerashchenko.
According to her words, it had already succeeded in the admission of the Red Cross with small humanitarian missions to the occupied territories, but prisons remain closed for the search of Ukrainian hostages.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain