Gerashchenko: MEPs ‘shocked’ at meeting former hostages in Donbas and their families
First Deputy Parliamentary Speaker posted this at Facebook on September 21
‘I could have told thousands stories and we could have made hundreds appeals but they would be nothing in comparison with the true stories of Volodymyr Zhemchugov, Dmytro Kulish, Vitaliy Korovyakivskyi. Our emotional appeals to pay attention to the issue of the captives are nothing in comparison with the tears and sorrow of mothers and wives of the hostages. It was obvious that the European colleagues experienced an emotional shock’, Iryna Gerashchenko posted.
The First Deputy Parliamentary Speaker and the representative of Ukraine in the humanitarian subgroup of Minsk trilateral contact group added that the EU officials make more efforts for this issue (the issue of hostages in Donbas and tortures that they endure) to sound even clearer in the political circles across the EU.
‘Today, the Europeans realized that the provision of Minsk agreements stating that the illegally detained persons must be released is much more than merely provision of the document. It’s about human fates’, Gerashchenko wrote.
‘The hostages that were caught in the trap near Illovaisk, have told how Russians had been shooting their friends and brothers. They told about tortures and abuses. Volodymyr told that he had been psychologically tortured for a year. He had been told that he is a disabled persons and no one needs him… Mothers and wives of the hostages who are kept in the captivity by the militants for two years called the EU to enhance sanctions against the Russian Federation as an aggressor country’, the post goes.
Source: Iryna Gerashchenko's Facebook
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars