Geoffrey Pyatt advised not to hold special elections to the Supreme Council of Ukraine
"Yulia Tymoshenko's comments could affect the cancellation of agreement with the IMF"
US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt advised not to carry out special elections to the Supreme Council in the near future and criticized the claims of party "Batkivshchyna" leader Yulia Tymoshenko that, in his opinion, could damage cooperation between Ukraine and the IMF.
"The United States, as your friend can tell you that within the next year or two Ukraine would have won if it had a period without new elections, during which it would be possible to push forward the reform", - said Payette.
The Ambassador stressed that the decision on possible elections should be taken by the citizens of Ukraine and the relevant government authorities.
"I have a very critical attitude to the comments and suggestions that Yulia Tymoshenko expressed this week. She described them as requirements for a new coalition, and they will have an impact on cancelling the agreement with the IMF", - said US Ambassador to Ukraine.
According to the Ambassador, such situation would have been a tragedy for Ukraine.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case