Further meetings of Nuland, Surkov are negotiable, - U.S. Embassy in Russia
Washington considers the latest talks between the officials “useful”
Next meetings between U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Russia’s Presidential advisor Vladislav Surkov are possible, said U.S. Ambassador in Russia John Tefft (Interfax-Ukraine).
Tefft added the recent meeting of the officials was rather useful and instrumental, in the view of the U.S. side.
The Ambassador added that the United States stay committed to the Normandy format of Minsk peace negotiations. “We closely cooperate with France and Germany, and implementation of the Minsk deal remains the key issue”, Tefft concluded.
On January 15, between U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Russia’s Presidential advisor Vladislav Surkov discussed implementation of Minsk agreements at a meeting in Kaliningrad, Russia. Surkov called the six hour-long talks “a brainstorm”, while John Kirby, the official representative of the U.S. Department of State, described them as “constructive”.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels