Freedom of speech in Ukraine is under threat - Tymoshenko
MP Yulia Tymoshenko appealed to parliament to investigate the attacks on independent media
People`s deputy and leader of "Motherland" faction in Verkhovna Rada Yulia Tymoshenko made a stand for the liberty of speech in Ukraine during the Coordination board in Ukrainian Parliament.
She call the Parliament for consideration of attacks upon independent media in Ukraine. In particular, the MP mentioned 112 Ukraine channel and Savik Shuster`s political talk-show Shuster LIVE.
"112 Ukraine channel is being destroyed, although it has the courage to claim a fair position on all the events taking place in Ukraine. And that applies also to the program of Savik Shuster," Tymoshenko said.
As it was reported before, 1+1 TV channel has stopped the broadcast of TV program Shuster LIVE. At 1+1 the refusal to broadcast was explained by reluctance to heat up the already unstable situation in Ukraine. The broadcast of the political talk show started over 112 Ukraine channel. Later, 1+1 channel filed to the anchor of Shuster LIVE a letter with a demand to stop broadcasting TV program on 112 Ukraine channel reasoning that by the violation of license agreement.
According to the talk show host Savik Shuster, it was agreed between the owner of the channel and Presidential Administration.
Watch our video:
Subtitles On/ Off
112 Ukraine TV Channel statement 26 September, 23:19
Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement 21 October, 15:18
European deputies sign petition to Poroshenko 27 September, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars