France and Germany should take responsibility for EU unity, - Hollande
EU must win the respect of its citizens, stated president of France
After the decision of the British on exitl from the EU, Germany and France should take initiative on maintaining the unity of the EU into their own hands, said the French president, Francois Hollande, reports AFP.
"The friendly country, our ally, which we have so many ties with, has just decided to get out of our Union, the European Union, which we considered indestructible and inseparable" - he said at the event dedicated to memory of the victims of World War II.
"If we are not together, we risk to be divided, separated and start to quarrel And if we are together, we are able not only to defend the peace, but also to win the respect of the citizens of this wonderful union called Europe." - Said Hollande.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case