France: 1 hostage killed in a church
Two assailants took 5 hostages in a church in a suburb of Rouen, the capital of the Normandy region. Assailants are 'neutralised' after hostage-taking in French church
Two assailants took 5 hostages in a church in a suburb of Rouen, the capital of the Normandy region.
Police surrounded a church and neutralised assailants in a suburb of Rouen in town Sainte-Etienne-du-Rouvray after assailants seized hostages. Two assailants 'neutralised' after hostage-taking in French church.
According to AFP one hostage - the priest killed at church while hostage taking.
The number of people inside the church is unknown.
National police has not yet comment on the incident, according to AP.
France is on high alert after a Bastille Day attack that killed 84 people in Nice and a series of deadly attacks last year claimed by the Islamic State group.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas