Former US Secretary of State: Trump's statement about Crimea is "very stupid"
Several Republicans, who worked in high positions in the government or US Army, in an open letter condemned statement of presidential candidate Donald Trump about Crimea and NATO
Several Republicans including former US Secretary of State Albright who have worked in high positions in the government or the US Army, in an open letter condemned the statement of the presidential candidate from the Republican Party, Donald Trump about the Crimea and NATO. Unian reports this.
Trump recently questioned the need for a common defense and also allowed the recognition of the Russian occupation of the Crimea.
"These shameful statements betray our ancient values and national interests, adopted by the Presidents of both parties", reads the letter, which was signed by former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and CIA Director Leon Panetta.
"We believe that Trump's comments were reckless, dangerous and extremely foolish. They contradict the key principles of both parties, which adhere to all administrations in the US. Our security in North America is inseparable from the security of our allies in Europe", was said the letter.
37 American leaders signed the open letter.
Trump, Clinton shake hands after TV debates 10 October, 07:50
New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed 21 October, 19:14
Final Trump-Clinton debates - best quotes 20 October, 12:17
‘Fight Night’ between Trump and Clinton to kick off in the U.S. 19 October, 09:14
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars