Former Istanbul governor detained
Huseyin Avni Mutlu, former Istanbul governor detained as a part of an investigation of afailed coup attempt
Former Istanbul governor Huseyin Avni Mutlu was detained on Thuesday as a part of an investigation of a failed coup attempt.
Police also conducted a search inside Mutlu’s house, according to Anadolu agency.
Mutlu, who was the governor of Istanbul from 2010 to 2014 during the Gezi Park protests in 2013, was suspended from his duties among other 246 local authorities.
The Interior Ministry has suspended 8,777 officials from their duties since the failed coup attempt on July 15.
Currently 13,165 suspects have been taken into custody, including 1,485 police officers, more than 8,838 soldiers, 2,101 judicial members, 52 district governors, and 689 civilians in the frameworks of the probe into the coup attempt of July 15
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas