Foreigners who defended Ukraine in a war zone to get the citizenship
President Poroshenko to concider this issue promptly as a response to e-petition
The issue of obtaining Ukrainian citizenship by the foreigners, who have been protecting Ukraine, will be dealt promptly. It was stated by President Poroshenko, in response to the e-petition on "Citizenship for foreigners who protected and defended Ukraine in a war zone".
"As a head of the state I will make a decision according to the law," as said in the response.
Poroshenko also noted that the law "On Citizenship of Ukraine" provides a simplified procedure for granting citizenship of Ukraine to the persons who have rendered outstanding service to the country and people, the adoption of which is the public interest. It is needed to personally apply to the territorial division of the State Migration Service of Ukraine by place of residence and address the issue of the citizenship.
October 6, a certain law was passed; it provides the opportunity for foreigners and stateless persons to join military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Also a bill on a simplified procedure for the adoption of citizenship of Ukraine of foreigners and stateless persons who joined military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been adopted in the first reading.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case