Foreigners allowed serving in Ukraine’s Armed Forces as contract soldiers
President Poroshenko signed respective decree on June 10
According to the presidential press service, “the document’s approval will let foreign citizens and persons without citizenship voluntarily fulfill their duty, protecting Ukraine’s independence and territorial integrity”.
The major conditions for a foreigner to be enlisted for contract military service are: recognition and adherence to the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, legal residence in Ukraine, clean record, passport or other sort of ID (for persons without citizenship).
The probationary period for foreigners in the Ukrainian army will last for 2 months.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas