Foreign Ministry: Ukraine becomes official observer at Pacific Alliance
Country plans to use this new status for more active cooperation in trade, science, technologies, education and investment areas
According to the press service of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry, the 11th Summit of the Pacific Alliance took place on June 29-30 in Puerto Varas city, Chile. Ukraine’s delegation was headed by Yuriy Dyudin, the country’s ambassador in Argentina and Chile. The official took part in the ministerial session of member countries and observers. The sides talked through prospects of cooperation between the four member countries and the 49 observers in the Alliance – specifically, in the areas of trade, innovations, small and medium business.
‘Ukraine pays special attention to deepening mutually beneficial cooperation with Latin American countries and members of Asian and Pacific regions. In this regard, the status of an observer may be used as an extra tool for more active cooperation in trade, science, technologies, education and investment areas,’ the Foreign Ministry said.
Ukraine’s application for observer status was approved by the Ministerial Council of the Alliance. Their session took place in Mexico City on June 8.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain