Foreign Ministry sends protest note to Russian side for Federation Council Head visit to occupied Crimea
Diplomats once again accused Russia of violation of international law
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine sent a protest note to the Russian Foreign Ministry because of the visit of Russian Federation Council Chairman Valentina Matviyenko to the occupied Crimea, reported MFA press service.
"Ukraine's Foreign Ministry expresseds protest in connection with uncoordinated with the Ukrainian side visit of Valentina Matviyenko to the sovereign territory on June 3-4 of this year within its internationally recognized borders, which includes the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol” reads the statement.
The ministry noted that the Russian official’s stay at the occupied peninsula means Russia’s neglect to the state sovereignty of Ukraine, which is the evidence of a violation of the UN Charter, the principles and norms of international law and ignoring international obligations.
"All responsibility for these and other violations rests with the Russian Federation as a state-aggressor in accordance with international law, its officers, as well as illegal Crimean authorities and their representatives who take illegal decisions and commit unlawful acts", notes the Foreign Ministry.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars