Foreign Ministry: Savchenko might return to Ukraine by summer
Ukrainian diplomats are ready to exchange her on two fighters of the GRU, Russia’s special service
The Ukrainian fighter pilot could return home by summer, said the Ministry’s Special Envoy Dmytro Kuleba. In an interview with Russian TV channel Dozhd’ (Rain), he stressed that more details on the issue will be available after the ten-days long period of filing an appeal on the court’s decision.
“As is known, there will be no appeals filed, because Savchenko refused to file any, saying there is neither fair trial nor justice in Russia. I do hope that in that brief period of time after the court’s decision takes effect, Savchenko will return home”, Kuleba said.
He reiterated that Savchenko repeatedly refused to be imprisoned in Russia, threatening to go for another waterless hunger strike. As is known, previous hunger strikes and long-lasting detention seriously weakened her health.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas