Foreign Ministry: Russia’s Supreme Court to reconsider Sentsov and Kolchenko sentence
MFA insists on release of illegally convicted Ukrainians
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry expressed indignation on the decision of Russia’s Supreme Court not to transfer the cases of Ukrainian citizens Oleh Sentsov and Alexander Kolchenko and their cassational appeal for reconsideration. The foreign policy department reported this.
"We see this decision as not only a deprivation of their rights for a fair consideration of their case in the Supreme Court, but also as a reaffirmation of the political order in this case and the compromise of Russia’s judicial system as an independent branch of the government", reads the message.
Thus, Ukraine urged Russia to immediately stop "the cynical violation of the rights of our compatriots, and set them free to return to Ukraine".
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas