Foreign Ministry congratulates Guterres on being elected UN Secretary General
The Portuguese will officially take office in January 2017
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry congratulated Antonio Guterres on his new appointment as the ninth UN Secretary General. The respective post at Twitter was published on Thursday.
Вітаємо призначення А. Гутерриша Генсекретарем ООН.Сподіваємося на безкомпромісне відстоювання фундаментальних засад гуманізму та міжн права— MFA of Ukraine (@MFA_Ukraine) 13 октября 2016 г.
‘We welcome the appointment of Antonio Guterres as the UN Secretary General. We hope for straight-out protection of fundamental principles of the international law and humanism’, the message said.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case