Foreign Ministry condemns visit of Greek businessmen to Crimea
The delegation visited Crimea on March 30
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry condemned the recent visit of Greek entrepreneurs to Russian-occupied Crimea. The delegation met with representatives of pro-Russian authorities of the peninsula and discussed cooperation in food and agricultural areas. The Foreign Ministry said this in the statement released on Friday.
Diplomats stress that the visit of the delegation headed by Georgios Iosifidis, member of the Council of Tourism Development of Corinth municipality, was not agreed with the Ukrainian government and contravened the Ukrainian law.
“We consider this visit as manifestation of disrespect to Ukraine’s state sovereignty, deliberate ignoring of the Ukrainian law, as well as policy of the Greek Republic and the EU, which means non-recognition of illegal annexation and occupation of Crimea”.
The Foreign Ministry urged the Greek government to react to this violation of the Ukrainian law by Greek citizens.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case