U.S. Vice President's speech in Ukrainian Parliament
"Putin is hiding from his own people", siad Biden
"I'm not sure Russians clearly understand what Putin does. That's why he is hiding from his own people. President of Russia on his owns caused the presence of Russian forces in your country. Heavy armament should be taken away from the border line. OSCE Special Monitoring Mission ought to be allowed to the area. Russia has to push rebels away so Ukraine would get a chance to start election procedure according to the standards of OSCE" - said Biden in his speech.
Biden came to Ukraine in December, 7 and already held a meeting with Ukraine`s President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arsenii Yatseniuk.
Extra safety was provided during his presence. Only a couple of journalists got a right to witness USA Vice President speech.
In advance White House announced this visit will be recognized as a signal of support from USA and not acceptance of invasion of Crimea Peninsula by Russia.
The Vice President of the United States (VPOTUS) is the second-highest position in the executive of the United States, after the president
It’s not the first visit of Biden to Ukraine. He came to Ukraine before, in 2009 and in November 2014, right after the “Revolution of Dignity”
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case