First president of Uzbekistan Karimov was buried in Samarkand
The country announced three days of mourning
President Islam Karimov was buried in the cemetery of Samarkand, near the graves of his parents, reports "Interfax".
"According to Muslim traditions, in Salat al-Janazah (funeral prayer) should be involved only men, whose number in the area amounted to a few thousand," - the agency notes.
According to "Gazeta.uz" after prayers the funeral procession proceeded to the complex of mausoleums of Samarkand nobility Shahi Zinda, where Karimov was buried.
The country has announced three days of mourning, the school will begin the school year with a "memory lesson" in honor of Karimov.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars