Finland hopes Russia will return Crimea back to Ukraine
State Secretary Stenlund believes Ukraine's hostages and illegally detained citizens held in Russia to be released
November 8, 2015, Ukraine's Minister for Foreign Affairs (MFA) Pavlo Klimkin had a meeting with Finland's State Secretary Mr. Peter Stenlund, as reported by media office of MFA.
Mr. Stenlund expressed hope that the "Russian Federation would return to the principles of the international law and honour its international obligations by revocation of illegal decisions in the context of annexation of Crimea, release of hostages and illegally detained Ukrainian citizens held on the territory of Russia, including a member of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Ms. Nadiya Savchenko," according to the statement.
In the context of holding of local elections in Ukraine, Finland stressed the necessity of adherence to the Ukrainian legislation and generally recognized OSCE standards during organization of local elections in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Finland confirmed its readiness to provide further tangible support to the implementation of systemic reforms in Ukraine, envisaged by the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU, as an important tool of modernization and development of Ukraine.
Ukrainian Minister also discussed the prospects of cooperation with the Ukrainian diaspora in Finland.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case