Feygin urges Putin to pardon Ukrainian citizens detained in Russia
The lawyer sent Russian president an open letter calling on him to release the political prisoners
“The circumstances of Savchenko’s pardon and her further exchange on Yerofeev and Alexandrov (servicemen of Russia’s military intelligence, - 112 International) evoked hopes for resolving the situation with other sentenced Ukrainian citizens who currently stay in Russia. Among them are Yuriy Soloshenko, Hennadiy Afanasyev, Olexandr Kolchenko, Oleg Sentsov, Olexandr Kolchenko, Olexiy Chyrny, Mykola Karpyuk, Stanislav Klykh, Valentyn Vyhovsky, Serhiy Lytvynov, Khayser Dzhemilev, Olexandr Kostenko and many others”, reads Mark Feygin’s letter to Putin.
The lawyer expressed hopes that Savchenko’s pardon will “begin a sequence that should settle Russia-Ukraine relations”.
“Pardoning the mentioned Ukrainian citizens will, firstly, let us return dozens, if not hundreds, of Russians – regular servicemen and so-called “volunteers”. Secondly, it will help us implement Minsk agreements to fuller extent”, Feygin wrote.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars