Feygin: Savchenko’s fate is in hands of Putin
The lawyer of Ukrainian fighter pilot says Russian President will be responsible for any consequences of her ongoing hunger strike
Mark Feygin, lawyer from Nadiya Savchenko’s defense team, tweeted this on April 6, as the illegally detained pilot started another waterless hunger strike protesting against the court’s sentence. As 112 International reported, the Donetsk city court (Rostov region, Russia), sentenced Savchenko to 22 years of imprisonment in the standard regime penal colony.
“The fate of Nadiya Savchenko is entirely in the hands of Russian President; any consequences of her waterless hunger strike will be on his conscience”, Feygin tweeted.
Later that day, he reported that Ukrainian consuls Kovtun and Moskalenko are no allowed to visit Savchenko in pre-trial detention centre. “Theoretically, law enforcers might already convoy her to the correctional facility”, he wrote.
On April 5, the sentence in Savchenko’s case came into force. There has been no unbiased information on her health conditions since then. No one knows how much of the hunger strike she can take, as her health already worsened due to previous starvations and long-lasting detention.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case