Feygin: No one allowed visiting Savchenko during weekend
More information about her current health conditions is expected in the afternoon
Mark Feygin, the lawyer of detained Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko, reported on Monday that no one could visit her throughout weekends.
“It’s been sixth day of Savchenko’s hunger strike. No one was allowed visiting her during the weekend. The latest information will be provided in the afternoon by Nikolai Polozov (Feygin’s teammate in Savchenko’s defense team – 112 International)”, the lawyer tweeted.
Currently, there is no information about when Polozov would meet Savchenko; however, on Monday morning, he left Moscow and went to Rostov-on-Don.
As 112 International reported, Savchenko went on a waterless hunger strike on April 6, demanding from the Russian authorities to release her from illegal detention and let her go. Ukraine's Foreign Ministry expressed grave concerns over the state of her health and once again demanded that the Kremlin release Savchenko.
On April 5, the sentence in her case took effect; Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years of imprisonment in Russia. She was found guilty of murder of two Russian TV reporters in eastern Ukraine in June 2014 and illegal crossing of the Russian border. Savchenko herself, her defense team, the Ukrainian government, the vast majority of the Ukrainian people and Western governments deny all charges and demand to release her.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas