Feygin appealed to court on FSB ban for Jemilev to enter Crimea
The ban of the Russian federal security service is illegal, says lawyer Nikolai Polozov
Russian lawyer Mark Feygin challenged the ban of Russia’s FSB for Mustafa Jemilev to enter the occupied Crimea. Nikolai Polozov, Feygin’s colleague and another member of the defense team in Nadia Savchenko’s case, tweeted this on Wednesday.
“Today, my colleague Mark Feygin sent to court his statement on the illegal ban of the FSB for Mustafa Jemilev to enter Crimea”, he wrote.
Mustafa Jemilev, former Soviet dissident and ex-leader of the Crimean Tatar people, has been serving as Presidential Envoy on Rights of Crimean Tatars since spring 2014. In April 2014, the Federal Security Service forbade Jemilev to enter Crimea until 2019. Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry protested against the decision. In January 2016, the court of Simferopol, Crimea, arrested the leader of Crimean Tatars in absentia.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars