Extension of sanctions against Russia to be discussed at EU summit December 17-18, - Mogherini
Russia not on today’s agenda of the EU, diplomat says
The extension of sanctions against Russia will be discussed at the upcoming EU summit on December 17-18, said Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative on Foreign Affairs and Security Policy (UNN).
“Russia’s not on the EU Council’s agenda today. If the ministers want to discuss this issue, there’s no problem for me. As I understand, it will be discussed at the summit later this week, as it has always been when it came to sanctions”, Mogherini said.
She added that among the matters of the current agenda are the latest developments in Libya, financial assistance to the country and the national unity plan for Libya, which was approved in Rome Sunday.
Earlier, the EU postponed the decision to prolong sanctions against Russia. Several EU countries blocked the respective decision to be made, so the issue has been put aside until the EU Summit takes place in Brussels on December 17-18.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars