Expert: ‘Savchenko’s offer of direct contact with pro-Russian militants is a game by Russia’s rules’
Political scientist Volodymyr Fesenko warns that Ukraine’s direct negotiations with illegal armed units will mean their legitimization
“It’s been two years that they (Russia, - 112 International) have been trying to make Ukraine start direct dialogue, and we’ve been categorically opposing this idea”, Fesenko said in an interview with Radio Liberty.
“If we start a direct dialogue with them, it would mean we treat them as equals”, the political expert said.
According to him, Savchenko’s earlier statement will have no practical consequences for Ukraine’s policy towards the occupied territories of Donbas, and it is the MPs private opinion. “If she wants to be a mediator at the negotiations with the pro-Russian mercenaries, I might just remember how Zakharchenko (leader of the self-proclaimed DPR) promised to kill her if she gets there. She just doesn’t get all the risks here”, Fesenko said.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case