Ex-political prisoners Afanasyev, Soloshenko arrive in Ukraine
They are on their way to hospital where greeting ceremony is to be held
Aircraft of Ukraine’s defense ministry with Hennadiy Afanasyev and Yuriy Soloshenko landed in Boryspil airport, Kyiv region. Later today, President Poroshenko will visit them at the hospital.
Earlier today, an exchange took place between Ukraine and Russia; Afanasyev and Soloshenko were exchanged on Olena Glishchinskaya and Vitaliy Didenko, Ukrainian reporters who had been both charged with separatism and sent to prison.
Ukrainian activist Hennadiy Afanasyev was detained in Crimea in May 2014. Russian law enforcers arrested him on charges of ‘terrorism’.
Yuriy Soloshenko, Ukrainian businessman, was detained in 2015 in Russia. Moscow city court found him guilty of industrial espionage and sentenced to six years of imprisonment in high-security penal colony.
Bezsmertny: Sushchenko’s arrest in Russia not coincidental 5 October, 09:15
Ukrainians support Sushchenko near Russian Embassy in Kyiv 6 October, 15:40
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars