Eurovision organizers ban flags of Crimean Tatars and so-called “DPR”
The contest’s organizing committee made a list of flags to be banned for use during the event
The list is published at the official website of Ericsson Globe arena in Stockholm; as is known, it’s the Swedish capital that will host the Eurovision this year.
In particular, organizers forbid to use flags of certain disputed territories, provinces, regions and other administrative and territorial units. Among these are flags of Kosovo, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the Basque, so-called “Republic of Crimea” and the flag of Crimean Tatars, so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic”, Palestine, Northern Cyprus and Transnistria.
Besides, the committee decisively forbids using the ISIS’s flag during the contest.
Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov carefully commented on the prohibition against Crimean Tatar flag. “Let’s be perfectly clear here: the Eurovision’s organizers restricted the use of symbols, only leaving the opportunity to demonstrate state flags of the countries participating in the contest. Of course, I’m not happy with that decision, but that’s up to the organizers. They put maximum efforts to evade troubles due to the Kremlin’s attempts to mix the contest with politics”, Chubarov posted at Facebook.
According to him, currently one has to focus on the foreign support of Crimean Tatar singer Jamala who represents Ukraine at this year’s song contest in Stockholm.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case