European Court Human Rights mission visits Crimea
The ECHR delegation will make sure that the people of Crimea are not forgotten, OSCE Secretary General says
European Court Human Rights (ECHR) mission visits the occupied Crimea on January 25. It was claimed by OSCE Secretary General Thorbjørn Jagland, informs the European Court's press service.
The Mission is expected to assess the situation, concerning human rights on the occupied peninsula.
“More than 2.5 million people live in Crimea, and all of them are protected by the European Convention on Human Rights and they should be able to benefit from it. Nevertheless, for the last year, no delegation from the international organization could visit this place”, said Jagland.
According to him, the mission will work “in the conditions of full independence” and will not deal with any issue, connected with the territorial status of Crimea”.
“It will help us receive clear and full information about the situation, concerning human rights, and make sure that the people of Crimea are not forgotten”, Jagland said.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars