Europe shouldn’t turn its back on Ukraine, - Polish presidential secretary
The meeting of Ukrainian and Polish consultative committees took place in Warsaw on March 4
Krzysztof Szczerski, State Secretary of President of Poland, claimed that Europe shouldn’t close the door on Ukraine, a country that already made its European choice (Polskie Radio).
According to Szczerski, Poland consequently supports restoration of order in Ukraine, and the global peace is impossible without peace in Ukraine. “Without effective restoration of international law in Ukraine, namely, restoration of Ukraine’s territorial integrity (which includes Donbas and Crimea), there are no guarantees of peace in Europe. The period of violation of international law in eastern Ukraine must be put to end”, the official said.
Szczerski added that Poland continues to support Ukraine’s EU integration. “Poland advocates Ukraine’s European choice. We want Ukraine to obtain the visa free regime with the EU as soon as possible. It matches Ukraine’s strategic choice; it’s a European country, and it made its conscious choice. Europe can’t turn its back on Kyiv”, he said.
Previously, President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker said Ukraine won't be able to join the EU or NATO for the next 20 or 25 years.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars