EUobserver: Estonia is likely to take over UK's EU presidency
Final decision will be known in near future
Estonia is likely to take over the UK's EU presidency scheduled for the second half of 2017 after EU ambassadors discussed the issue Wednesday.
A final decision is expected to be taken in the next couple of days, but the idea is to continue with the line-up, instead of having a new country take over, a source said. Estonia was due to follow Britain in 2018 at the EU presidency.
Read the full article here.
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg to meet in Brussels on October 20 18 October, 21:47
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels