EU-Ukraine Association Council: Ukraine on the agenda
The second meeting of the Council chaired by Federica Mogherini, Johannes Hahn and Arseniy Yatseniuk
EU-Ukraine Association Council meeting took place in Brussels on December 7. Participants discussed a number of issues related to Ukraine’s progress on the European integration path. The main issues addressed were visa-free regime and the two areas in which Ukraine needs more progress to meet all EU requirements: the investment climate and fighting corruption.
Co-chair of the meeting, Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk expressed hope that the EU’s report on visa-free regime for this country will be a “positive one”. “We expect the final report that is to be published December 15. Ukraine lived up to its commitments for the visa-free regime to be introduced. We hope for the positive decision of our European partners”, he said.
Johannes Hahn, the Commissioner on EU Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy, agreed that the EU report on visa liberalization for Ukraine “will most likely be a positive one”. He added that Ukraine showed progress in the area of economic environment. We witness certain improvement of the economic environment in Ukraine, which will be even more attractive for investors. Of course, combating corruption is another important vector in this area”, Hahn said.
According to Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative on Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, the EU urged Ukraine to put more efforts to fight corruption. “The EU calls on Ukraine to continue efforts to meet the rest of the requirements for the EU-Ukraine visa free regime – especially the efforts to fight corruption. We’re looking forward to get the next report on accomplishments in regard to the Action Plan on Visa Liberalization for Ukraine. The report is to be released this month”, Mogherini said.
Watch the video:
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain