EU to discuss approaches for the extension of sanctions against Russia
"Implementation of Minsk and the way forward": EU sanctions against Russia
EU member states Foreign Ministers shall agree upon the approach for the further extension of sanctions against Russia.
This was reported to UNIAN correspondent by a diplomatic source.
In particular, such a discussion will be held during the informal meeting of Foreign Ministers (Gymnich), which will take place on September 2-3 in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, which is now holding the EU presidency.
The questions to be discussed are: "Implementation of Minsk and the way forward." According to the source, the discussion will focus on how to extend sanctions against Russia, "what should be the philosophy of such an extension." "Besides, this discussion will be the preparation for further formal ministerial decision to be taken later," - the diplomat added.
At the same time, he emphasized that today there is a need "to see what is the position of the Member States on this issue and what is the link to the Minsk process."
As we reported earlier, on June 21 the European Union agreed to extend economic sanctions against Russia for another six months until January 31, 2017 in response to Russia's military actions in Ukraine. The EU sanctions may restrict cooperation with Russian banks, import and export trade, especially oil, gas and weapons.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case