EU: New Ukrainian government must regain trust of citizens
Leading EU officials commented on the appointment of Ukraine’s new Cabinet in their joint statement
“Today’s appointment of the new government of Ukraine headed by Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman is a crucial development at a time when new momentum in the country is badly needed. After many meetings with Groysman, including the recent ones, we expect further cooperation with him so as to build strong Ukraine based on fundamental reforms and accountable government”, reads the joint statement by Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs, and Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for EU Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy(nv.ua).
The EU officials also reiterated that it’s essential to use the opportunity, created upon the appointment of the new government, so as to regain trust of Ukrainian citizens.
Mogherini and Hahn assured they remain committed to political support of Ukraine, as well as financial and technical assistance on the way to key reforms, modernization and combating corruption in the country. “In this regard, we will support the new government in terms of effective and transparent functioning of the main political and economic institutions as well as strengthening of the supremacy of law. Ukraine’s current commitments regarding the decisive reform of prosecution authorities are extremely important”, the officials added. They also expressed hope that the new Ukrainian government will fully implement Minsk agreements in the Donbas conflict.
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars