EU, NATO sign cooperation declaration on fight against hybrid threats
It presumes information exchange, civil readiness, cyber security and strategic communication
EU and NATO decided to strengthen the cooperation in countermeasures against hybrid threats. According to Ukrainski Novyny, the two organizations signed the corresponding declaration in the framework of NATO summit in Warsaw.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, the President of the European Council Donald Tusk and the President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker took part in signing the declaration.
"We will strengthen our collaborative ability to react on hybrid threat, including the up to date information exchange, civil readiness, cyber security and strategic communication", NATO Secretary General said.
According to Stoltenberg, they defined the responsibilities on the exact operations in case of hybrid attack.
The sides discussed the energetic security maintenance, water and food provision and the regime steadiness.
They also plan to extend the cooperation in the Mediterranean Sea to fight against illegal migration.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas