EU, IMF leaders positively assess course of reforms in Ukraine, - Poroshenko
The reforms’ implementation goes on successfully, the President said
The European Parliament, EU High Representative and IMF Director highly evaluated the course of reforms in Ukraine. President Petro Poroshenko said this in an interview to a U.S. TV channel (president.gov.ua).
“Currently, we’ve got positive assessment of the reforms – from the European Parliament, EU High Representative, IMF Managing Director. Such results brightly illustrate and confirm the fact that reform implementation goes on in Ukraine. It is extremely difficult to conduct reforms during the war: restructuring the state debt, modernization of banking and financial systems and taxation, creating anti-corruption agencies, and much more what we’ve done in Ukraine recently”, the official said in an interview.
Poroshenko also said he was proud of the fact that during their latest meeting with IMF leader Christine Lagarde, she said that Ukraine “surprised the world”.
Previously, Poroshenko said Ukraine could get the IMF tranche in the amount of USD 7 billion in 2016.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars