EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial
Officials will meet in Luxembourg today, October 17 and release respective statement, - Reuters
Foreign ministers of EU member countries will call on Syrian government and their allies to stand before the International Criminal Court. Respective provision is included in the statement that is to be released today after the ministerial meeting in Luxembourg. The officials are expected to condemn the catastrophic escalation of situation in eastern Aleppo and compare the airstrikes on peaceful civilians and hospitals to war crimes.
EU foreign ministers will also call for end to military actions in Syria and the due supply of humanitarian aid. They also offer to add EU High Representative Federica Mogherini to the negotiations.
On October 16, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry claimed that in the coming weeks, the USA and the UK are to make their decision on the new economic sanctions against Moscow and Damascus due to the current situation in Syria. British Foreign Minister Boris Johnson urged the USA and the EU to make it so that Russia would feel the consequences of its military campaign in Syria.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars