EU court keeps sanctions against Yanukovych and his close aides
The decision may be disputed until mid-November
The European court ruled to keep the sanctions against ex-President Viktor Yanukovych, his son Olexandr and former secretary of the National Securioty and Defense Council Andriy Klyuyev.
‘The court only partially settled claims by the Yanukovych family and Klyuyev; the old sanctions that expired in March 2015 were lifted. However, the court ruled that the current sanctions that were imposed on them in March 2016 will stay effective. Currently, the sanctioned persons litigate over the current restrictions. The respective court hearings are underway. Since there were no additions to the evidence, the new decision of the EU court may not be in favor of the the Yanukovych family and Klyuyev. The sides may dispute the decision in the European Court for Human Rights throughout the next 2 months’, said correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Viktor Yanykovych, his family, members of the-then government and his closest aides fled the country amidst the Revolution of Dignity in late February 2014; back then, pro-EU protesters demanded immediate resignation of pro-Russian president Yanukovych and the-then Cabinet. A hundred of unarmed protesters were gunned down by the police task force loyal to Yanukovych and the government. Eventually, the troops and the top rank officials hurried to leave Kyiv; many of them now hide in Russia.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars