The Head of the EU Mission to Turkey Hansjörg Haber tendered his resignation on Tuesday, Reuters reports.
Federica Mogherini's press service has already confirmed this information.
The office refused to name the official reasons for the resignation. However the Ambassador’s speech at a press conference regarding migration issue between Turkey and the EU could be the possible cause. The ambassador said that the 72 criteria presented to Turkey that it needed to perform for the introduction of visa-free travel to Turkish citizens were identified as early as 2013.
"We have a saying: 'It is necessary to start a business like a Turk, and finish as a German'. In our case, everything is exactly the opposite," the diplomat said.
Turkish Foreign Ministry called Haber and expressed dissatisfaction with his statements. Turkey Minister for EU Affairs considered these words "inappropriate".
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas