Ethnic Ukrainian takes over Canadian Army
Paul Wynnyk comes from Lviv region, western Ukraine
The new commander was officially presented and greeted at the Canada’s Defense Ministry. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau congratulated him on the new appointment.
Roman Washchuk, Ukraine’s ambassador in Canada, also shared this information. ‘Lt. Gen. Wynnyk, the grandson of Ukrainians from Stryi (Lviv region, western Ukraine), took over the Canadian Army’, he tweeted.
Paul Wynnyk has been serving with the Canadian military since the 1980s as combat engineer.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case