Estonian Parliament urged Russia to release Savchenko
80 MPs voted for sanctions against Russian officials responsible for her capture and detention
Most of the MPs supported the document, in which they demand to set Savchenko free, as she is held in Russia illegally (nv.ua)
Authors of the statement also offered to impose sanctions on Russian individuals that are responsible for capturing, detaining and illegal judging of Nadiya Savchenko”.
As 112 International reported, in mid-December 2015, Russian court ruled that the pilot stays in detention until April 2016.
Nadia Savchenko, MP and former Ukraine’s Air Force officer, was captured by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukraine in summer 2014. She says they captured her, forcefully brought her to Russia and passed her to Russian investigative authorities. Savchenko is charged with murder of two Russian reporters who worked in eastern Ukraine without any permission of the Ukrainian government. She is also charged with the illegal crossing of the Russian border. The pilot, her defense team and the Ukrainian government deny all charges, demanding to release her.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case