ERR: U.S. could deploy F-35 fighters in Baltic States
Commander of Estonian Air Force says the aircraft will be invisible for Russian anti-aircraft defense systems in Kaliningrad region
U.S. cutting-edge fighters F-35 might soon be deployed in the Baltic States. Jaak Tarien, Commander of Estonian Air Force, reported this, as quoted by ERR.
‘They call this aircraft a flying supercomputer. Thanks to the use of stealth technology, F-35 could stay undetected by Russian anti-aircraft defense systems that are located in Kaliningrad region’, he said.
According to Tarien, it is beyond any doubt that Russia will react decisively on such decision, if one will be made. ‘On the other hand, they will be told – officially and unofficially – that NATO has no offensive plans. They are well aware that the armed battalions deployed in the Baltic States are in no way an assault force. A few fifth-generation fighters are no assault force, either’, the official said.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case