Erdogan's press conference: he described how the coup began
President assured that rebels will pay high price for their deeds
Turkish President Recep Tayip Erdogan in the first press conference after returning to the capital told about how military coup started. According to him, the hotel in which he has been in the resort town of Marmaris was bombarded by the rebels. This happened after Erdogan left the hotel. Also, the president's secretary was arrested, reports Daily Sabah. According to him, the rebels arrested many officers.
Erdogan pledged that the perpetrators of the coup attempt will pay a high price, and refinement will be conducted in the army. Actions of rebels he described as a betrayal of the motherland.He also assured that he intends to stay with his people, and has no plans to go anywhere out of the country.
Earlier there were reports that being on the the plane, he asked for asylum in Germany. However, later the presidential plane landed in Turkish airport.
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas